Re: Charging for AIS Shows

In a message dated 8/1/2008 10:48:18 A.M. Central Standard Time,
geraldcsnyder@gmail.com writes:

Robert  Pries wrote:
> Today someone was mentioning that they could not put on  an AIS sanctioned
Iris Show at certain botanical Gardens because the garden  charges for
admission and AIS shows are supposed to be free.

As long  as the show is free, it is okay.
The venue can  charge.

Gerry

I agree with Gerry.  As long as the show itself is free, it is okay if  the
venue you use, e.g. a botanical garden, charges an admission.  The  GSLIS has
used the Missouri Botanical Garden, which charges admission, off and  on since
the 1920s.  We have never had a complaint about this from the AIS  hiarchy or
the general public.

Jim M.

Read reviews on AOL Autos.