Re: Re: AIS - Scientific Comm - Research Proposal

I second the motion.

Brad K

In a message dated 8/1/2007 9:05:56 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
rpries@sbcglobal.net writes:

Because I was on the committee I don't know if it is
appropriate for me to make the motion that Jerry
Coates has already made to approve this grant, but to
expedite things I will do so.

I can tell you the scientific committee was very
enthusiastic over this request and was unanimous in
its approval. It is not often you get this much
research for so little money and I am certain that our
grant is being added to by places like the national
science foundation. Andrew Wheeler is part of the Dr.
Carol Wilson group which is establishing itself as the
premier laboratory for the study of Iris phylogeny and
has a working relationship with Alan Meerow. They
don't get any better than this. One footnote Carol
Wilson's website at Rancho Santa Anna botanic garden
is very generous in its thanks to AIS for the small
grants we have given in the past. It really makes AIS
look important.