Re: Print On Demand

Love POD, and better yet any E-format mediums for Kindle for my iPhone, my
Mac, and/or a future iPad. I currently have several books on my iPhone
(which has enough memory for at least 100 hundred books). I also have books
on my Mac.

I think POD is a great step before getting into e-publishing.

Part of the company I work with is in the printing business, although I'm
not involved in that aspect of it.

I checked with a colleague and he gave me the following information. These
two companies also do E-publishing since it's the way of the future and
everyone involved in publishing has to be ready for the next step. He told
me that the two biggest players in the POD market are:

Amazons Create Space: www.createspace.com
Ingrams Lightning Source  LSI  www.lightningsource.com

I have not done any research on them.

For your information,
eBook Sales Nearly Double, Now 9% of Total Consumer Books

A recent
report<http://www.publishers.org/main/PressCenter/Archicves/2010_Oct/AugustSt
atsPressRelease.htm>from
the Association of American Publishers stated that eBooks
sales grew
193%<http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/ebook_sales_triple_in_one_year.php>
between
January and August 2010. In dollar terms, eBook sales for January to
August were up from $89.8 million in 2009 to $263 million in 2010.

More on this article here:
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/ebooks_ereaders_top_trends_2010.php

Hope this helps.

Andi Rivarola