Re: Motion regarding image submission for iris registrations

I just rejoined the Brtish Iris Society, and in my welcome packet they sent me the old newsletters. Here is what I discovered. The BIS is already requesting images with registration along with their registration fee. Since they are archiving all these digitally whether received as slides, photos or digital images, it should not be difficult to share with us, for our records also. As in many areas, people get the same ideas at the same times. Those who were concerned about AIS leading on this need not worry.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michelle Snyder" <AISSecretary@irises.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 10:41:43 AM
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Motion regarding image submission for iris registrations

Hello all,

The time for voting on the below motion has now ceased.  There were a
total of 9 YES votes and 7 NO votes received.  Based on the need for
only a simple majority of nine votes to be received for a motion to pass
or not, the below motion has passed.

"A)The AIS Registrar shall begin requesting volunteer image submission
with registrations.  Images shall be accepted by the Registrar, archived
in the AIS Library, and displayed on the Iris Encyclopedia.  Submission
of images to the AIS constitutes permission for any and all AIS uses.

B)  The AIS President shall appoint a registration committee to
facilitate implementation of registration image collection, archiving,
and disposition.  This committee shall propose suggested guidelines for
registration images by
August 1, 2011."

Michelle