Roadblock for Madison Fundraiser

Well,  things were looking really good there for a few days...

Continued research has brought up a legal problem that will limit us to selling Fundraiser tickets at the Madison Convention only.

Postal regulations PS-307 prohibits the mailing of tickets for raffles such as the one we are planning.  At http://pe.usps.com/text/csr/PS-307/htm you can find a copy of the discussion of raffles and what is allowed and disallowed.

We can promote the Fundraiser through print, flyers etc mailed to Regions, affiliates, sections, but neither ticket stubs nor ticket money can be sent thru the mail.  In other words, I cannot send out ticket stubs and receive funds for the Fundraser thru the US. Postal Service.  We cannot send tickets to Region meetings, affiliates for them to sell.

SO--The Question becomes...WILL WE SELL ENOUGH TICKETS AT THE MADISON CONVENTION TO COVER OUR COSTS AND MAKE SOME MONEY???

Prelminary figures indicate that that will be problematic.  If 400 people come to the Madison Convention and assuming that most of those are couples that leaves approx 200 people available to buy tickets.  And we would need 85 of those people to buy $20 worth of tickets for us to break even.  Will we sell enough tickets to make this worth it?

With this new info, please send me your comments on whether we should go forward with this plan.  If we go forward with selling the tickets only in Madison, we still have plenty of time to get everything ready...

Perhaps beating a dead horse...

Jill