Re: Web Page Redesign

John,

An EXCELLENT JOB.  I really like the new design look.  I agree with the
idea of having a the picture change every time someone reloads the page.
How about using some iris historic irises too?  It would also be great to
maybe see some people pictures from the past.

On the AIS Events pull down...is this where you will include the upcoming
convention and fall board meeting information?  What other events are you
thinking about listing?

THANK YOU, John for all that you do for AIS.  We are very fortunate to
have you in our organization.

Paul

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:19:24 -0700 John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
writes:
> Here is a redesigned home page,  with the drop-down menus working.
>
> The links below are all the same design with a variety of center
> images, just so you can see how it looks with different images.
>
> This is just the home page format. The format for sub pages will
> have
> a different look more suitable for displaying and navigating to more
>
> types of information. The items in the drop down menus are place
> holders and can be changed as we need them. That is actually the
> point.
>
> We know what most of our content is going to be for now. We will
> never know what all our content is going to be in the future because
>
> it is going to change, and we will have to change and add links (and
>
> take some away) and content as we evolve over the years. The point
> is
> to have a design that is flexible enough to accommodate what we need
>
> to do. We can argue about the specific link titles, but the
> structure
> is there to allow us to move forward. Obviously the sub links are
> not
> active yet. Just roll over the items ("Growing Irises" etc.) to see
>
> the drop downs.
>
> (There is a typo in the Photo Gallery pull down and I will fix that
>
> later)
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-v2-image-A.html
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-v2-image-B.html
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-v2-image-C.html
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-v2-image-D.html
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-v2-image-E.html
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-v2-image-F.html
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-v2-image-G.html
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-v2-image-H.html
>

> John                | "There be dragons here"
>                           |  Annotation used by ancient
> cartographers
>                           |  to indicate the edge of the known
> world.

> USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
> Fremont, California, USA
> Member AIS Board of Directors
> Chairman, AIS Committee for Electronic Member Services
>
> Online Iris Checklists at: http://www.irisregister.com
>
> Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending:
> Subscribe iris
> To: majordomo@hort.net
> Archives at: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/
>
> Subscribe to iris-photos at:
> Archives at:http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/

Can't pay your bills?  Click here to learn about filing for bankruptcy.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTLjhbCyoGvsSlt4e3R3uRKH4NZzffGp7GTZNcqzXNMaTTcVbWK8da/