Re: Re: "Communications for lack of a better name."

In a message dated 4/23/2007 8:19:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
ChatOWhitehall@aol.com writes:

Well, quelle disintegration.

Sorry Anner, but sometimes reality needs to be recognized before it can be
changed.  The AIS IS shrinking in both size and influance and it will continue
to do so unless we do a "ground-up" reelavuation of what we stand for and where
we are going.  If the AIS doesn't know what it wants to be in 2050 (future) -
it runs the risk of not existing then.

Folks like yourself seem to view me as a sometimes dramatic alarmist, but the
AIS must recognize the trends of today before it can plan for tomorrow.

Would it surprise you to know that one of our future AIS Conventions is being
hosted by 2 affiliates with total membership of 168 (per their affiliation
applications) BUT ONLY 31 are AIS members.  Their AIS membership runs less than
20%!

The unescapable reality is that even today the National AIS is becoming
dependent on NON-Members to host its national events. The message is clear - some
regions have recognized that being an irisarian DOESN'T require AIS membership!
 As horrible as this thought may be, the few hundred active players within
the AIS need to recognize this trend in order to plan the AIS future.

You may now return to your delusions,

Cheers! Brad K.