Re: "Communications for lack of a better name."

Brad said:

<<we SHOULD NOT be so deluded as to believe all our Regions or  Affiliates
want to have more communications or to enter into national AIS  issues!

Well, quelle disintegration.

The Regions are only geographic subdivisions of the greater whole that  is
the national organization. They do not have an independent identity outside  of
AIS, and if they think they do, it is they who are deluded. I do not  believe
they are deluded, and I don't believe I am deluded in believing this.  This
does not mean that they do not properly have a Regional identity, and  issues
particularly of Regional interest, and so forth.

Affiliates may be another matter entirely. They may well  consider themselves
entities with an existence independent of AIS, and  rightly so, although they
certainly should be aware of what Affiliation  with AIS means. At the very
least it must mean a desire to enter into  national AIS issues, and support the
AIS mission. Perhaps greater  comprehension of that aspect of things needs to
be encouraged.

Anner Whitehead