Re: "Communications for lack of a better name."

Bob and All:

My job as Affiliates Chair provides an overall perceptive on communications
with both RVPs and Individual affiliates.   Communication only occurs when both
or all parties want it to, and when I started this job three years ago I
naively expected that both RVPs and Affiliate Presidents were all part of one big
family.  AND in a way they are because about half of those I deal with are
"locked in their bedroom and don't wish to be bothered."  The rest go from too
eager to talk (and not listen) to various levels of capability and eagerness to
resolve problems and work together.  Otherwise, they are just like the general
population!

We are in an era of information overload and many AIS people are working hard
at limiting their extraneous communications so they have time for the types
of communications they want.

Point:  While the AIS Board should 1.) maximize links with Regional websites
in regions that request it, 2.) provide the National officers and committee
contacts readily to AIS members (already done), and 3.) continue to work to
improve the "user friendliness" of our AIS website, we SHOULD NOT be so deluded as
to believe all our Regions or Affiliates want to have more communications or
to enter into national AIS issues!

Personally, I've found that most iris societies (clubs) are local social
clubs FIRST and AIS affiliates SECOND!  Even some regions don't appear to push AIS
memberships.

I'll be available to expand on some of my observations at the Convention next
week if anyone is interested.

Cheers!
Brad K