Re: Communications, and Public Relations

As to the functioning of the Website:
On Apr 23, 2007, at 8:47 AM, ChatOWhitehall@aol.com wrote:

As for the information on the AIS webpage being monitored for currency: Well, yes, if course, if the information is up there it needs always to be valid. Someone needs to confirm all information on the AIS webpage on a quarterly basis, at the very least, and more often in prime recruitment season. I'd say
the Electronic Services  Committee was the one to take care of that,
soliciting confirmation on Affiliate contacts and so forth from the RVPs, who should have it readily at hand, or, failing that, from the Membership Office.

Perhaps the RVPs might be asked to supply Electronic Services with updates as they occur, and the AIS Secretary might be asked to supply Electronic Services with AIS national updates as they occur, and all such updates might be forwarded by the Chairman to the Webmaster, with instructions to deal with it
in a timely manner.

We are continually improving the process we use to update the website. The Affiliates chair provides an updated list of Affiliates and contact information after the annual certification of affiliates. Certainly during the year changes occur and often I get them from an RVP or from the Affiliate.

It would be reasonable to query the RVPs in the summer and fall for updates. Trying to contact each Affiliate is beyond the scope of what Electronic Services can do. (I am in the process of trying to find additional "editors" for the website to collect and preprocess information for the website which may help the overall situation as well.)

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Member AIS Board of Directors

Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending: