Re: Re: JT Handbook Revisions

In a message dated 4/21/2006 2:21:43 P.M. Central Standard Time,
aitken@flowerfantasy.net writes:

The main  problem I foresee with the new in garden training requirement
is for  hybridizers who are judges. It is really difficult to ask a
hybridizer to  leave his/her garden at peak bloom to attend a region
meeting/JT on the  other side of the region in order to acquire in garden
training. I guess  the answer to this is to hold a J.T. session in the
hybridizer's garden, at  peak bloom. Then all can benefit. And should be
do-able if the requirement  is only for 2 hours in a three year period.

Barbara  Aitken

***
While I appreciate the concern for our most important hybridizers attending
Judges' Training, I believe it is very "do-able."  Take just one  example:
Dave Niswonger.   He hybridizes anything that doesn't  move, from daffodils
(early) through SDBs, IBs, BBs, TBs, Species, and Spurias  (late), yet he
participates in our Judges" Training both classroom and garden,  and conducts said
training himself.  And he does all of this and more  despite his physical
disability.  Any judge who really wants to be a judge  can find the time and money to
fulfill the minimum AIS requirements.

Jim Morris