Re: JT Handbook Revisions

PlankMail@aol.com wrote:

Greetings to all:

AIS HANDBOOK FOR JUDGES AND SHOW OFFICIALS
Section A -- Judges & Judges Training (Begin page 1)

Item 1. A clarification of the terms used to designate AIS judges. At the present time, the Handbook refers to student judge, apprentice

judge, fully accredited judge, garden judge, active master and retired master
judges, and emeritus judges. Of particular need is an unambiguous
designation for the accredited judge that we now call "Garden (G)"

which implies that this judge is not qualified to judge
accredited exhibitions. For consideration:
"Student Judge (SJ), Apprentice Judge (AJ), Active Accredited (AA), Active
Master (AM), Retired Master (RM), Emeritus Judge (EJ).

I certainly agree that "Garden Judge" is misleading. I do feel compelled to
point out that there is a standard word for that status between apprentice
and master: "journeyman."

I do not recommend it, at least in part because it is not in common usage
these days, but wanted to mention it for completeness.

Gerry