The Passing of an Irisarian

I regret that I must tell you that Rosalie Figge died last evening.   Many of
her contributions to AIS are well known; many others were made without
public notice. They were legion, as were the young people she guided and helped,
and her friends all over the country. She donated her body to science to
benefit  others, a final act of generosity and love.

Rosalie was 96 years old. Services have not yet been scheduled and will not
be held until later. Ultimately, her ashes will be interred in her native
North Carolina. She would, I know, approve of memorial gifts to AIS, which she
so dearly loved. Clarence Mahan