Forwarded a discussion with Mike Unser

Please feel free.  It is a discussion I have been
trying to get going
with a wider group within HIPS, but so far only the
younger/newer
members are interested in discussing it.  But change
never comes easy.

Mike

On 4/2/06, Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I appreciated your comments and would like
permission to pass them on to AIS-discuss where there
is a discussion in progress of e-membership. I think
that you have recruited new members by this is
especially pertinent.

> --- "Mike U." <garden.of.mu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Bob-
> >
> > I'm so glad you're enjoying the Website.  I've
only been working at it for a year now, and hope to
keep on expanding as time goes on.  The small amount
of negative feedback I have received came from older
members who felt that we were not serving the
Society's purpose by not allowing the public to have
all the information at hand.  I've worked hard to make
sure the most useful and necessaryinformation is
available to the public while having more extensive
and 'fun' things for the members only.  With the
advent of the internet age most Societies like ours
are losing members because theirprimary purpose of
connecting like-minded individuals is no longer
needed.  I, and others, felt that if the Society was
going to continue to be an viable entity we'd need to
offer the members something they couldn't get for free
elsewhere, and make it worth their while to be
members.  I've always felt the website could be a big
part of that. I already had over two dozen folks tell
me they joined the Society just to have access to our
galleries so I believe it is a valuable recruitment
tool.  i hope they will stay for the long term and
assist in our primary goal of preserving historic
irises. I've got to get back to the garden now.  Have
a great day!
> > Mike
> >
> > On 4/2/06, Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
> > wrote:I have had a chance to play on the HIPS
Members only website and I think it is absolutely
wonderful. I can tell that you have put a lot of work
into this and it is greatly appreciated. I can not
understand why you would recieve any negative
feedback. Of course some people want to have
everything without being a member but they are not
supporting the society and while I think we can share
a great deal we must figure out ways that make it
valuable to be a member. For many people your effort
will become very useful and I trust will eventually
add members to the society. Thank you for your
efforts. Bob Pries

> > > --- "Mike U." <garden.of.mu@gmail.com> wrote: Hi
Bob-I think it adds a little extra for the members
especially since ROOTS has been so delayed.  But I
have had a bit of negative feedback about the members
only side. Please use the following to access the
members website: Username: member (not your name, just
the word 'member') Password: alcazar This is the
generic ID to access the website for all members.  If
you wish to participate in the HIPS Forum you will
need to create your own seperate username and
passsword to post there.
> > It will not affect how you access the main
webpage, only the forums. Let me know if you have any
questions or need any assistance. Enjoy!
> Mike Unser

for AIS. I believe I am still a life member of HIPS,
could you give me a password to check out the new
members only site. AIS is discussing the pro and cons
of such a part of the AIS site. I think the sections
should have input on this discussion.  Bob Pries.

--
Mike Unser
Olympia, WA
Webmaster: http://www.hips-roots.com
Historic Iris Preservation Society
AIS, SIGNA

       DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...
Previous | Next | Back to Messages Save Message Text |
Full Headers